Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Here we go!

For English 885, we have been instructed to develop a critical essay dealing with any aspect of rhetoric and composition theory and pedagogy in the form of a multi-modal project. I must be honest, I have participated in blogging assignments through various undergraduate and graduate level classes, but this is my first time developing my very own blogspot! It's simultaneously exciting, intimidating, and overwhelming!

For my multi-modal project, I plan to explore how the incorporation of cross-cultural writing assignments benefits students academically, personally, and professionally. I specifically chose this topic in light of my personal experiences with cross-cultural writing programs, and my writing and ideas are primarily influenced and directed by these experiences.

In this blog, I hope to investigate this particular medium for teaching writing and literature. I hope this site will prove beneficial to other teachers and students who may want to implement similar writing programs and projects into their own classrooms!

No comments: